Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Songs of Childhood

I enjoyed the conversation in last class about the songs we used to sing as children. My personal favorite was "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star." I made the mistake of introducing this song to my little sister and I can't believe my parents let me live through it. She would walk around the house singing it in monotone, messing up the lyrics (they ARE pretty challenging). She and I used to share a room in our old house and she would sing it incessantly until she fell asleep every night for a good couple of months. I am scared to let my future children listen to easily-mimicked music because of that ordeal.

This talk of childhood makes me extremely nostalgic, so I am going to head off on a tangent. I love thinking of the movies I watched as a child. I brought this thought up to my boyfriend and we started brainstorming. Here are some movies we came up with: Felix the Cat, Secrets of Nimh, The Brave Little Toaster, Rescuers Down Under ("these are not Joanna eggs", still hilarious), Once Upon a Forest, and several more I cannot remember off the top of my head. I was disappointed to find that Felix the Cat, one of the strangest and trippiest (So I made this word up, what of it?) cartoons I have ever seen, is almost impossible to find. Here is a link to a Youtube page that has the movie in segments, if you feel inclined to walk down memory lane with me.
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=felix+the+cat+the+movie&aq=f
Have a wonderful day everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment