Friday, February 20, 2009

Intoxication

Intoxication can a good thing and a bad thing. One can become more social and "come out of their shell", or one can become too social and piss everyone off. This topic interests me because I was just discussing what goes through ones head when her or she is nearly black-out drunk (completely wasted, but still conscious of action). My theory is that one reverts back to the way he or she thought as a child. Think about what was going through your head when you did some idiotic thing children are prone to do. I can remember one in particular. I was 5 years old. I had a golf ball and a spoon. I put the golf ball in said spoon. I then proceeded to hit the end of the spoon, causing the golf ball to fly up and hit me in the eye, blackening it. For some reason, this memory is extremely vivid to me. What was I thinking? It seemed like a good idea at the time. The previous phrase is a classic motto for a then-drunk-now-hungover person. "I really wanted to tackle my roommate down the stairs. It seemed like a good idea at the time." That is actually a direct quote from yours truly. When people are drunk, they turn into the stupid little kids they once were. Personally, I become far more dramatic (as if I am not dramatic enough in real life) and I tend to perform absolutely outlandish acts. For instance, as mentioned in a previous post, I physically assaulted my boyfriend's roommate last week. I had been drinking and he pushed me to the brink of insanity, and I completely snapped. I fell upon him in blind rage, kicking, punching and screaming unidentifiable obscenities. Luckily for the victim, my boyfriend is a trained bouncer, and was able to pull me off of him (no easy feat), before I could do much damage. I guess if you learn anything from this post, learn that it is unwise to harass a heavily intoxicated person to the breaking point, because said person, in his or her drunken state, may forget completely how to use discretion.

No comments:

Post a Comment